Have a nice day, neighbors! Nicole Fallon-Peek here with the latest copy of McKinney-Frisco Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Sunny to partly cloudy. High: 63 Low: 36.
Here are today’s best stories at McKinney-Frisco:
- Collin College has announced that it will be offering free COVID-19 vaccination booster shots on multiple campuses. The Pfizer and Moderna boosters will be available to the campus community as well as the general public. The first clinic will be on Friday, January 21 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Frisco Campus Conference Center. (WBAP)
- The Dallas Sierra Club plans to take action to protect the McKinney community from the concrete batching plant by opposing the permit during Monday night’s hearing of the Texas Environmental Quality Commission. TXI Operations wants to build its factory at 1845 FM 546, which is located almost a mile from Fairview Soccer Park, where nearly 500 children train as part of the Ayses Soccer Club. The Dallas Sierra Club president of conservation and eco-action is concerned about plant by-products, including concrete dust in the air, polluted runoff and diesel fumes. (Dallas Observer)
- Texas native and owner Kenny Clark bought the Minuteman Press Printing franchise in McKinney, TX and explained how he was able to do it after the pandemic. Despite the closure or downsizing of many businesses over the past two years, Clark has consistently increased sales and helped other local businesses meet their ever-changing needs for design, printing and marketing services. personalized. “Today, I am stronger than before the pandemic, and our customers are also stronger.” (Franchising.com)
From our sponsor:
Today’s McKinney-Frisco Daily is brought to you in part from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
Today in McKinney-Frisco:
- Art in the reception area of atrium 21 At the George A. Purefoy Civic Center, 6101 Frisco Square Blvd (7:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Visit Frisco shares 20 fun activities to do when the temperature drops in Frisco. The list includes family attractions, indoor sports, restaurants with heated seats, and more. (Instagram)
- Today marks the start of early voting for the special election to fulfill the unexpired term of Frisco City Council Place 5. The complete list of polling locations, dates and times is presented on the Frisco Town Hall website. (Facebook)
- The North Texas Food Bank’s Drive-Through Mobile Pantry will be parked at two Dallas locations today, Jan.12. Food will be distributed at Thurgood Marshall Rec Center from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and Lawrence & Marder Church of Christ from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. (Instagram)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Do you like the daily McKinney-Frisco? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
Please follow and stay informed! I’ll see you soon.
– Nicole fallon-peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a graduate journalist and writer in Media, Culture and Communication from New York University. She has been a freelance journalist, editor, editor and editorial director for various B2B media. She is currently the co-owner and operator of the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.