Happy Monday, Huntington Beach! Here’s everything you need to know that’s happening locally today.
It was not a corpse, but a model at Bartlett Park. Also, a large Well done to the Kiwanis Club in Huntington Beach! Finally, the OC DA Tackles Retail Theft.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Cloudy and cool. High: 60 Low: 55.
Here are the best stories in Huntington Beach today:
- The last time we reported on Bartlett Park, it was to inform neighbors of the Cleanup of the Public Works and Homelessness Task Force. The Saturday, passers-by saw what looked like a naked body. However, it turned out that the “naked body” was in fact a mannequin which was part of a Firefighter training exercise. (FB)
- the Kiwanis Club restore faith in humanity to all. Last Saturday, the Kiwanis Club in Huntington Beach took over the gardens department from HB Walmart. There they welcomed 50 Oakview children and their families with crafts, a visit with Santa Claus and essential purchases. (HB News)
- OC District Attorney Todd Spitzer knows that retail theft is out of control. Sunday we learned that a woman has been charged for allegedly stealing products worth more than $ 328,000 by Nordstrom Rack and TJ Maxx. She is a Resident of Costa Mesa who attempted to “resell the stolen items through an online luxury goods consignment store”. “These are not victimless crimes and if you engage in these kinds of outrageous theft schemes we are going to arrest you, we are going to sue you and we are putting you behind bars “, Spitzer said. (New Santa Ana)
- Orange County Coastkeeper Members and Friends had come out in force on Saturday. On 200 performed an HB beach clean-up. After the royal tides and rainfall, they expected to find about 300 pounds of waste. (Room)
- the Dos Amigos Cantina at 21022 Brookhurst Street has been open since October 27. It quickly became the favorite haunt of Monday night football. Of course, he also welcomes you for Football Thursday. And let’s not forget the musical acts. (FB)
today Huntington Beach Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in Huntington Beach:
- Bella Terra presents Elfas Parsley Holiday Magic Show (10:00 a.m.)
- How to improve your memory online event (11:00)
- Happy Hour Specials at Tanner’s Bar and Treehouse Lounge (4 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Quiet Mountain Morning Painting Event at Laguna Beach Beer Company (6:00 p.m.)
- Holiday concert and silent auction at Marina HS (7:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Our Gothard Ellis neighbor needs help finding the most AFFORDABLE auto insurance for teenage drivers??? Their two teenagers graduated this week. Esurance quotes $ 142 per month per child. Does anyone know if this is reasonable? Or anywhere they can get a lower rate? (The next door)
- A Carr Park neighbor needs tax advice. Does anyone have a reference for someone who has a lot of experience in tax advice for very small businesses? Also, does anyone know of a good reasonable shoemaker? (The next door)
- Have you got artificial turf recommendations for our Lake park neighbor? (The next door)
Do you like the Huntington Beach Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Please follow and stay informed! I’ll see you soon.
– Sylvie Cochran
About me: Sylvia Cochran has been working in sunny Southern California and writing full time since 2005. She loves dogs, cats, books, plays Best Fiends (don’t judge), embraces social justice and tries to live Micah. 6: 8.