director of squash
The New Haven Lawn Club is a private club nestled in downtown New Haven, Connecticut. For over 125 years, the Club has been a center of social and recreational activity for families, couples and individual members who live and work in the area. The property is situated on 7 acres, which includes amenities such as 8 har-tru tennis courts, 2 platform tennis courts, 2 swimming pools, a fitness center and 4 squash courts. The Club has played an important role in the culture and lifestyle of Greater New Haven since its founding over a century ago. Currently the club benefits from a waiting list with over 500 member families, over 1,800 total members and a thriving squash program with over 40 children and as many adults in season.
The Lawn Club has a long tradition of squash excellence with our four international squash courts. Recently, our program has trained some of the most talented young players in the country who have gone on to play professional squash. Many of our juniors have also become excellent Division 1 squash players currently playing at Yale, UVA, Wesleyan, Hamilton and Bowdoin to name a few. Today, the junior squash program has a dozen boys and girls ranked in the top 20, with two boys ranked in the top 2. The courts provide plenty of space for members to practice solidly while facing invited teams. , or improve their skills. Whether you are an adult or a child, a novice or a nationally ranked player; our program is accessible to all.
- Teaching adults and juniors in clinics and private lessons
- Junior coach of all ages and levels
- Help create, organize and manage social squash activities including leagues, events, club tournaments as well as local and national tournaments
- Coach junior players in certain tournaments
- Administration of the pro shop
- Participate in the development and maintenance of a strong squash program
- Exceed member expectations at all times
- Ability to work Fridays and weekends requiredLIVE:
- Must have experience coaching singles squash to juniors and adults of all abilities in private and group settings
- Must be a high level player, certification not required but desired
- Must have a good understanding of the game including holds, swings, styles, strategy, nuances and rules
- Must have the ability to recruit and manage a team of experienced professional assistants based on membership application
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in teaching and coaching
- 1-2 years as Director of Squash, implementing and running a squash program for all ages and abilities.
- Ability to string racquets preferred but not required
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to work in the United StatesCOMPENSATION/BENEFITS:
We offer attractive compensation that includes a base salary, a competitive hourly tuition rate, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan with matching contributions of up to at 4%.
DEADLINE FOR CV SUBMISSION:
AUGUST 22, 2022
Interested candidates can apply to email@example.com