Saturday’s NASCAR schedule at Auto Club Speedway includes a full show for the Xfinity Series, including practice, qualifying and 300 miles of racing.
The Cup Series is also on track for practice and qualifying ahead of its 400-mile event on Sunday.
Practice and qualifying sessions will follow a revamped format announced by NASCAR last fall.
For most of the Cup schedule, teams will be split into two groups prior to their practice/qualifying event.
At most ovals (including the Auto Club) each group will have 15 minutes of practice to start. Each group will then have a qualifying session with one car and one lap. The top five drivers from each group will compete in a one-car, one-lap second qualifying round to determine the pole winner.
On the Xfinity side, their practice/qualifying event at most ovals (including the Auto Club) will feature a 20-minute practice session for all entries, followed by a single-car qualifying and one turn for all entries.
Saturday February 26
All times Eastern
Underground Weather Forecast (Xfinity Race): Mostly sunny, high 68 degrees, dry conditions
- 10:30 a.m. – NASCAR Xfinity Series
- 11:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. – NASCAR Cup Series
- 12:00 PM – Xfinity Training (all entries; FS1)
- 12:30 p.m. – Xfinity Qualifiers (single lap, single car, all entries; FS1)
- 2:00 p.m. – Cup practice (both groups; FS1, MRN)
- 2:35 p.m. – Qualifying Cup (both groups… one lap, one car, two heats; FS1, MRN)
- 5:00 p.m. – Xfinity Race (150 laps, 300 miles; FS1, MRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio)