Tough Luck Club shakes up new cocktails (MENU)
“Beneath the streets of Old Pueblo.”
At the corner of Pennington and Scott Avenue, stroll along Reilly Craft Pizza and Drinks two story building, take a walk around once you see the outside seating of the beer garden, and at the bottom of the stairwell you will find a very dark basement.
There, a land of decorative light bulbs hanging from wires, a row of bar stools, comfortable benches and, above all, cocktails. All of this awaits your arrival at the Tough Luck Club. Oh, and it wouldn’t be a party without a can of Coors and a glass of whiskey too, would it?
Earlier this week, bad luck clubthe popular basement bar in downtown Tucson, has launched an all-new cocktail menu and is hosting a “Launch Weekend” party from Friday, July 8 through Sunday, July 10. To help ring in new minds, TLC is serving discounted drinks and handing out freebies of the bar’s newest products.
Those familiar with the bar know that half the fun of going there is flipping through the printed menu (sometimes using the glow of your phone to get a better view). New menu features illustrator artwork Scott Augustine and includes a total of 21 cocktail parties hosted by the Beverage Director Karl Goranowski and the rest of the Tough Luck Club bar staff.
Here is an excerpt from the first page of the menu:
A long and hot desert road. Sun, sand, wind, cactus.
Look into another world.
Dark, cool, glasses, cans, shots.
Beneath the streets of Old Pueblo and pink-orange
sunset glow, you will find us here.
In the basement bar of a dream,
TOUGH LUCK CLUB.
A variety of concoctions are tossed into the shaker, including eight TLC bar crew cocktails, eight classic cocktails, which are still available for just $8 each, and five bar buddies cocktails, which $1 per drink will go to. to charity.
For example, in the past six months alone, TLC has raised over $2,500 for children’s charities and plans to give back even more to the Tucson community through “Friends and Family Cocktail” donations.
On the menu, here we go. Sit back, keep scrolling, and browse through the new additions, which will be available until New Year’s Eve.
The new Tough Luck Club cocktail menu
Bad luck cocktails
- Fly to their sabbaths – sour cherry gin, London dry gin, saffron liqueur, lime juice, honey, sparkling wine and aromatic bitters ($14)
- Huckle bearer – mezcal de oaxaca, tequila, creme de cacao, amaro medio, orange bitters and cinnamon and cola bitters ($15)
- ¯_(:/)_/¯ (Who knows, I just work here) – Haitian clairin, overproof rum, chili brine, lime juice and demerara syrup ($14)
- The ring that I never won – white tea infused vodka, watermelon liqueur, Italian appetizer, lime juice, honey and sparkling water ($13)
- Doctors make it cleaner – American brandy, rye whiskey, orange bitters, lemon juice, Jamaica Grenadine Aqua ($13)
- The Apostles Award – Douglas Fir gin, Spanish gin, Emilian Amaro, Americato Aromatized wine, Yuzu liquor ($14)
- What a minute said to an hour – pisco, banana liqueur, Milanese amaro, lime juice, strawberry syrup and pink bitters ($14)
- Only fools prefer the past – single malt scotch, ruby port, American red aperitif, Adriatic fernet and aromatic bitters ($15)
Cocktails with friends and family ($11 each)
$1 per drink donated to organizations working to protect women’s rights and fight gun violence
- The black pearl of San Pablo Bay – vodka, saffron liqueur, lime juice, pineapple syrup and aromatic bitters
- I beg your pardon – Tequila reposado, aloe liqueur, basil syrup, lemon juice, sparkling water and red wine float
- Super Delicious Celery Paloma – tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice and celery soda
- Mount Apo Cooler – London dry gin, pear liqueur, lemon juice, cucumber syrup and sparkling water
- Beware the Chupacabra – mezcal, schochu, lemon juice and ginger syrup
Essential cocktails ($8 each)
- old-fashioned – bourbon whiskey, demerara sugar and homemade bitters
- Moscow Mule – vodka, lime juice, ginger syrup and sparkling water
- Mexican firing squad – tequila, lime juice, Agua de Jamaica Grenadine, sparkling water and aromatic bitters
- Pineapple Daiquiri – white rum, lime juice and piña syrup
- bee knees – London dry gin, lemon juice and honey
- horse thief – London dry gin, dry vermouth and absinthe
- Bizzy Izzy Highball – rye whiskey, dry sherry, pineapple juice, lemon juice and sparkling water
- black russian – vodka, coffee liqueur and cola (on request)
The bar is open from 6 p.m. to midnight from Tuesday to Thursday, from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Friday and Saturday and from 6 p.m. to midnight on Sunday. If you have trouble finding your way or if the Scott Avenue side door is closed, enter through the Reilly front door.
Tough Luck Club is located at 101 E. Pennington St (in the basement). For more information, follow Tough Luck Club on Instagram or visit reillypizza.com.